Tuesday, August 5, 2008
8/5/08
Well Ed turned out to be just a nice tropical storm. No major wind and lots of much needed ground soaking rain. It came in about 27 miles south and east of us around 7am. I woke up at 6:41 to the wind and rain. We should have been on the clean side of the storm but this was a strange one so we got alot of rain and wind. Nothing strong and about 6 inches or so of rain. But our hurracation (what we call time off work because of hurricanes) turned out to be pretty boring. We didn't break into the spam because we only lost power for about 2 seconds ( literally ). So it was put into our hurricane kit for future use. I will post pictures when we do finally eat it. We also have theme nights around here where we watch movies and have a theme surrounding them. Like Pirate Night...marathon Pirate of the Carribean movies dressed as Pirates, pirate food and rum of course. So I'm going to do a little research see if I can find some movies with Spam in them and have Spam night complete with Bell Bottoms and polyester shirts.....I let you know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Check out the Monty Python series. I think there is a long reference to SPAM in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It is always good for a laugh anyway!
Thanks. I forgot all about that!!!
Post a Comment