Monday, August 4, 2008
8/4/08
Ok. I haven't been on much. Had a sick kid, work, life...... Today we are getting ready for this tropical storm. We where out school clothes shopping yesterday and it was raining off and on. The kind of tropical rain we get here from time to time. We came home and turned the tv on only to see a hurricane alert going across the bottom of the screen???????? WHAT????? So it popped up in the morning and was a full blown storm by dinner time and we shopped through it all. Had to go to walmart this morning and get a few things. People are crazy. Grabbing water, tuna, flash lights and batteries. Where are your hurricane kits people!!!! I needed to get a new propane stove because ours broke and some cat food and dog food because I didn't do it Sunday. That was the biggest mistake I have made all summer. That place was crazy!!!! But I did buy a container of SPAM. The girls where asking about it. I hope the power goes out so I can feed it to them. I will be eating cheese and crackers while they enjoy their processed meat product. I think its funny that they even want to try it. My girls are healthy eaters. They do not eat hardly anything packaged or canned. Grandma forces them to eat cookies and junk food. They like to take their own fruits and veggies when they go over there. They rarely drink soda or anything other than homemade tea or plain old water. So when they asked about SPAm and wanted to taste it I was shocked. Well I guess my next post will be all about the adventure into SPAM LAND.......oh and wether or not we survive this crazy storm EDOUARD......later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As your cousin I hope you do weather the storm..(no pun intended) but please, do tell us about the girls experience with SPAM! Oh, they have no idea do they?!?! You should post photos! Stay safe, Maureen
Post a Comment